By Elaine Vanessa
Picnicking is considerably popular amongst the masses. Popular venues include beaches, lakesides, parks, scenic environments with views, and even backyards. All you need to do is simply roll out a picnic blanket on a perfect spot and have some food.
Picnics are also a great way to enjoy with family and friends as well as socializing with new acquaintances. However, a picnic accompanied by a cabin can really add to the convenience. Modern cabins nowadays offer you various facilities to settle in and even have a sleepover.
According to a recent study by National Picnic Week, an average person goes for a picnic at least three times in a year, and this amounts to over 94 million picnics annually. Families often spend more than £26 per picnic totaling £2.48 billion in a year. The most popular day for picnics in the US is undoubtedly the 4th of July. For Italy, it is Easter Monday, and in France, it is Bastille Day.
In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the ways through which you can bring modern looks to your picnic cabin.
1. Camping Cooking Gear
Modern cooking equipment for your outdoor adventures adds another flare of enjoyment to your picnics. However, you need to follow best practices when you lit a fire, even if it’s coming from an electric stove.
Some places may have strict regulations regarding cooking in the open, so check with the authorities first and foremost. Cooking your favorite meal out in the open is extremely fun. Add a swimming pool in the mix, and you are practically in heaven. Here are some gadgets to pique your interest.
- Cusimax Cmhp-B101 Electric Hot Plate, Countertop Single Burner – portable burner for your cooking needs.
- Oxo On-The-Go Salad Container – keeps dry and wet ingredients separate.
- TOURIT Voyager 30 cans soft pack cooler bag – perfect cooler to carry your drinks around for all of your physical excursions.
- HANGO Insulated Lunch Bag – for keeping your food items warm.
- TOAKS Titanium 3-Pieces Cutlery Set – polished titanium set of one eating spoon, fork, and table knife.
- GSI Outdoors Infinity Backpacker Mug – with a collapsible handle and sip lid.
- Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
2. Instant Cabin Style Tents
Instant tents are a great way to immediately set up your own tent for your friends and family. Most of them come with easy to follow DIY (Do It Yourself) instructions that can help you get your tent up and ready in no time. All you need to do is just find a perfect spot and voila! Cabin or no cabin, they can serve as both your primary or extended shelter for your picnics. Some of the best ones include:
- Core Equipment 9-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Ozark Trail 11-Person Instant Hexagon Cabin Tent
- Wenzel 8-Person Klondike Tent
3. Modular Survival Shovel & Tool Kits
Outdoor survival kits can come in handy for a lot of situations that may face while camping or having a picnic. Plus they have tons of utility to offer for completing mundane tasks. Crowd Writer encourages young and learning minds to spend time with nature to refresh their moods and spirits. Many multifunctional tools and Swiss-Knife variations are also available in the market. Here are some top picks:
- EVERLIT 250 Pieces Survival First Aid Kit
- Suaoki Solar Powered Lantern
- ESEE Knives 4P Fixed Blade Knife with Handle and Molded Polymer Sheath
- Hults Bruk Tarnaby Axe
- UST TekFire Lighter
4. Ultra-Comfortable Sleeping Bags & Items
Of course, you want to lie down, look at the beautiful sky, and feel free from all of your worries. The following can offer you the comfort you need and keep you stretching your limbs for more relaxation.
- AeroBed Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
- YETI Lowlands Waterproof Outdoor Blankets
- Therm-a-Rest Compressible Travel Pillow
- The North Face Eco Trial Bed 20 Sleeping Bag
- GCI Outdoor Kickback Rocker
5. Water Filter Bottles
Water is a necessity of life, and without clean drinking water, any outdoor trip can quickly become tormenting and challenging. Here are some of the best water filter solutions that you can carry around you to ensure clean and healthy drinking water for your family and loved ones.
- Platypus GravityWorks™ 4.0 Liters Water Filtration System
- Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter System
- Steripen Ultra™ water purifier
- TrialShot™ Pocket-Sized Water Filter from MSR® Gears
There are still a zillion things to consider because to be honest a picnic that you decide on depends on the number of people, the venue of choice, time of the day, the activities you have planned out and so much more.
So every picnic is different and unique. This is exactly why we never get tired of them in the first place. So a word of advice, plan for picnics beforehand as this will help you pick out the most necessary items you will need for your next outdoor adventure. Cheers and BANZAI!!!
Elaine Vanessa currently works as a Sr. Research Analyst and blog writer at Dissertation Assistance. This is where higher education students can acquire professional dissertation writing services UK to acquire specialized assistance from experts. She likes to go out for long walks at the beach with her pet terrier during her free time.